Thank you for your interest in the Lambda Sigma Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity. If you live/work in the metro-Atlanta area then then this is the chapter for you! Within this section you will find information on the qualifications to become a member of our chapter and great Fraternity. Membership into Phi Beta Sigma has its privileges! We have become a training ground for leaders in our fraternity, the Atlanta civic/business community and the world. Our success is based on the depth of commitment, vision and confidence of our members.
We therefore seek men who will promote and extend the policies and programs of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity. The Fraternity, in return, is a massive network through which individuals can grow and develop personally and professionally. As you read through the information within the section below, please fill out the “Men Interested in Sigma Inquiry Form” so that we can have a member of our chapter get in touch with you to discuss your interests further.
Brief Eligibility Requirements for New Members:
- Alumni Membership in Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity is limited to professional men that have been granted a baccalaureate degree or other degree by a recognized college or university.
- Candidates of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity must not currently be a member of or have previously been a member of another intercollegiate fraternity other than an honorary or professional fraternity.
- ANTI-HAZING/ANTI-PLEDGING POLICY
Brief Eligibility for Transfer / Reinstatement for Current Members:
- The PBS-8 form is used for members who wish to transfer from one chapter to another. Also, this form allows members to reinstate their membership if membership dues are one year or more delinquent.
- The transferring member must satisfy all outstanding financial obligations to his current chapter before a transfer may be effectuated.
- All transfer forms must carry the signature of the Regional Director of the region to which the member is transferring.