Lambda Sigma Scholarship Opportunity
SETTING A BLUE PRINT FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS OF SIGMA
PHI BETA SIGMA FRATERNITY, INC.
LAMBDA SIGMA CHAPTER
The Lambda Sigma Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc., is pleased to announce that it is providing a minimum of one $1,000 scholarship and two $500 scholarships to students matriculating in high schools or colleges in the metropolitan Atlanta area. These scholarships will be awarded to deserving high school students and/or college students who exemplify the highest level of scholarship, community service, and leadership as they pursue their aspirations for higher education.
1. Male students in high school or colleges who reside in the metropolitan Atlanta area
2. Completed scholarship application
3. Official copy of applicant’s high school or college transcript
4. College applicants must have completed at least one year of undergraduate education.
5. Applicant must possess a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
6. Applicant must demonstrate a spirit of excellence in scholarship and community involvement
7. Two (2) letters of recommendation
* Teacher or Counselor Reference on school letterhead
* Community Service Reference References on professional letterhead
8. Address the following questions in essay format (500 word limit).
· If you had the authority to change your school in a positive way, what specific changes would you make?
· Why are you a good candidate to receive this award?
· Choose a person or persons you admire and explain why.
9. Must be signed by the applicant and parent/guardian if applicable.
***Incomplete application packages will not be considered***
Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
Lambda Sigma Chapter Scholarship Committee
Attention: Douglas Hickman
P. O. Box 224
Fairburn, Georgia 30213
Completed applications must be postmarked by March 1, 2018.
Time Until Application Deadline
NOTE: Application and accompanying materials will not be returned to applicants.